Monday, August 15, 2011

Prediction: At Blogging, I will be a failure.

I'm not sure this is a good idea.  I'm not sure this is even possible.  For one, the name of the page says it all.  My life is a zoo.  Not the fun kind with cool animals with nice stripes where you carry cups of food and dispense it to the friendly animals that are brave enough to approach the two-legged jerks who wrongfully incarcerate them in the first place.  My life is the crazy kind where the zoo keeper got too close to the chimpanzees and got knocked out or his face got ripped off and the wild primates managed to steal the keys and unlock every cage along the way.  I've been accused of being a drama queen or over exaggerating but, in all honesty, I have no imagination and couldn't make this shit up if I tried.  I just have horrible luck.  My saving graces are a good sense of humor, a boyfriend who laughs at me a lot, and a child with the patience of a Saint.  If any of the three were missing, I would've been wearing an "I love me" jacket in a round padded room a long time ago.
The second reason why I think I will be a blogging failure is because I don't get it.  It took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to get to this page.  I have a Twitter but I didn't really get it either so I never "tweeted."  I didn't follow anyone.  I couldn't figure out how to read anything so I just sat and stared at a blank screen and said "Oh screw it!" and went back to watching the main page on Facebook.  I can "like" with the best of them but "tweeting" was beyond me.  My lovely pseudo-sister-in-law Steph obviously gets it.  She has this very lovely main page.  There is a beautiful picture of her and her lovely family.  Her blog is well organized and complete with advertisements.  My blog has a heading.  I was shamed into making this post.  If it develops into something more complete, it will surprise the hell out of me.  P.S.  I was also an abysmal failure at keeping a diary as a kid too.
The third reason is because I have stage fright.  My sister once invited me to read a blog of hers and then (I prefer to believe that she) must have forgotten she sent me an invitation to view her blog some months before because the blog was not very flattering towards me.  Oops.  First, I wouldn't write about my family and friends in an unflattering light...  that's bedroom talk for Nick and me and is not anyone else's business.  I tend to reserve the low blows for folks I generally have no respect for so I don't expect to find myself in a similar situation but I would always be worried that I may offend someone who thought I was talking about them.  If I do mention people that I sort of have to deal with, I will change their name or use my favorite alter ego nickname for them.  Almost everyone has one.  I'm horrible with given names.  I'm much better with the names I choose for people.

Anyway, These reasons are why I predict I will be a failure at blogging.



2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know now, do I have an alter ego nick name? LOL. I love the few posts you posted. I had no idea you'd started this. For me, it's a good way to unload. Or maybe even better, a good way to go back and revisit. Whether you find you groove in blogging or not, I think it's fun that you tried. And thanks for the cameo mention LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. No Steph, you do not have an alter ego nickname. You are usually "Steph" or "Nick's sister." You don't really want the alter nickname. It's usually reserved for not good things and people whom I have chosen to forget details about. There's also usually a bad word involved. lol Nicknames for people have included: Crackhead, Dumba$$, and Drug Addict. And yes, the nicknames were very reflective of their character. lol

    ReplyDelete