Sunday, January 29, 2012

A lot can happen in four months


I have managed to not post a single blog in over four months and, in this relatively short period of time, I have gotten married, planned to get married, graduated from college, and started graduate school.  Oh and I volunteer at my kid's school.  I think I have tried to compact 10 years worth of stuff into 4 months so I'll give myself a pass on the failure to blog thing.
The wedding stuff is actually going very well but I feel as though I'm forgetting something.  It's that same sensation you get when you are walking out the door and you know you are forgetting something important.  You figure it will be o.k. so you close the door, walk to your car, and realize you left your purse in the house.  Your very locked house. With your keys and phone safely inside.  Oh crap.  Time to look like a crazy person and walk to the neighbor's house and hope they're home so you can call the poor sucker who has the unfortunate duty of bailing your butt out of disaster.  So other than the sinking feeling that we are going to be in Florida and my wedding dress is going to be in Virginia, I'm doing all right.
I think my favorite part so far is playing with my hair.  Prior to planning for this event, my hair had two states... wild and ponytail.  Now I have started sporting the messy bun, the curly bun, the double bun, the sock bun, and numerous other "bun type" fashions.  In the last month, I've had more buns than a bakery.
The latest attempt is "headband" curls.  This just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  I'll have to add a picture if its not too awful.  Nick walked out of the bedroom and said "Nice hair.  You look like Princess Leah."  Thanks hun.  That would be great if this was a Star Wars wedding.  So anyway, this hairdo will probably not be so great and I'll have to go to school looking like a frizzy poodle. I've worn pajamas to a certification exam so some poodle hair is not out of the question.
Oh and the added problem with the hair?  My Maid of Honor was supposed to do my hair but managed to break her clavicle (collar bone for my non-bio friends) and separate her shoulder so she needed surgical correction and is a one-armed wonder.  So in a nutshell, I'm on my own but I'm not too worried about it.  I have 6 more weeks to work this out and I'm pretty sure Nick won't know the difference.  He's the only one I really need to impress anyway.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know you are more than capable, but if you need a set of helping hands you know I'll be there :) so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are so excited about it too. I think we figured the hair out and it's extremely easy so I'm really hoping it won't be a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete