Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Headband Curls

I was trying these in my last blog so I figured the results deserve their own page.  It was easy and looked pretty darn good for a first attempt.

First, I wrapped my barely damp hair around the headband.  I used relatively small sections about one inch wide and wrapped them uniformly around the headband.  Yes, there is a bow on the front of this headband.  It was slightly humiliating but it served my purpose. This is when I achieved "Princess Leah" status with Nick...



 This is what it looked like when I first unwound it from the headband.  At first I was thinking trainwreck, but...




After finger combing it out, the curl looks much softer and more natural...

Pulling it up made the curl look much fuller and more uniform...









 And the final product was not horrible.  I will definitely do this again...


2 comments:

  1. I hate change. But I get bored. So my two sides fight with each other. I've been trying to branch out and do different things with my hair instead of having it straight down my back ALL the time. You are my hair hero for trying new things :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) The two sides of my head fight, literally. One side is straight and the other is curly so I fight with my hair daily. I'm just bored to death of my "pull a brush through it" thing so it's a lot of fun for me too.

    ReplyDelete